Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 lbs strawberries, quartered
- 1/3 cup Panera® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 tbsp. sugar, split
- ½ tbsp. lemon zest
- 4 slices pound cake, about 1” thick
- 8 tsp. softened butter, for toasting or grilling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 fresh sprigs of mint, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, vinaigrette, 1 ½ tsp. sugar, and lemon zest. Spread evenly on a parchment lined sheet pan. Roast for 25 minutes tossing once half way through the cook time.
- While strawberries are roasting, spread 1 tsp butter on each side of the pound cake slices and toast in a non-stick skillet for 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown and warmed through.
- In a medium bowl, combine heavy cream, vanilla extract, and remaining 1 ½ tsp sugar. Whip just until stiff peaks are reached. Top toasted pound cake with roasted strawberries and whipped cream and garnish with fresh mint.