2 inn workers eat pot-laced candy left by guests, get sick - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

2 inn workers eat pot-laced candy left by guests, get sick

Posted: Updated:

SHELBURNE, Vt. (AP) - Police say two employees of an inn at a popular Vermont tourist destination ate marijuana-laced chocolate left behind by guests and got sick.

Shelburne Police were called to the Inn at Shelburne Farms on Wednesday after receiving a report an employee felt ill and was lying in the parking lot.

The two employees were taken to the hospital and have since been released.

The inn's spokeswoman says that any food left behind is not to be consumed by staff and that the inn's training programs will be reviewed with employees. Police are asking that people who possess edibles keep them secure.

The edibles in this case resembled malted milk balls.

No charges will be filed against the guests.

Recreational use of marijuana will become legal in Vermont on July 1.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.