Red Bird Bangkok
Monday, July 30th 2018, 8:44 AM CDT
Garnish – long, bias cut, green onion & fried garlic
Red Curry Chicken:
- 1 lb sliced chicken breast
- 3 tbsp palm oil (vegetable oil substitute)
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 3 kaffir lime leaves rough chop
- 1 long-sliced red pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp palm sugar (brown sugar substitute)
- 5 Thai basil leaves
- 1 dried red chili (optional)
- Eggplant medium slice (optional)
- In small amount of oil sauté curry paste and red chili (optional) briefly, introduce coconut milk on low heat (do not scald).
- dd chicken and bring to simmer. Lower heat and add lime leaves, bell pepper, and basil. Season with fish sauce and sugar.
- Cover on low simmer for 10 min or until chicken is cooked. Adjust seasoning with fish sauce.
- If using eggplant, roast this separately and add just before coconut milk.