Apple Ginger Mini-Pies
Monday, September 17th 2018, 11:29 AM CDT
- 10 medium unpeeled Fuji apples, cored and cut into ½-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
- 2 Tbsp crystallized ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 6 tsp all-purpose flour
- 7 oz store-bought or homemade pie dough
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375?F. Combine apples, ginger, lemon juice, sugar, and 5 tsp flour in a mixing bowl; evenly divide between eight (8-ounce) ramekins.
- Lightly dust a rolling pin and work surface with remaining 1 tsp flour. Roll dough out to about 1/8-inch wide strips; then cut the strips into 4-inch lengths (64 strips of dough).
- Using 8 strips of dough for each mini-pie, create a crisscross pattern across the top of each ramekin. Gently press ends of the dough strips into the rim of the ramekin.
- Lightly brush dough with beaten egg whites. Bake until dough is golden brown and fruit is bubbling and just tender, 30 minutes.