Roasted Carrots & Butternut Squash With Shallot And Thyme
Monday, October 15th 2018, 1:14 PM CDT
TULSA, Oklahoma - Ingredients:
- 3 1⁄2 cups uncooked carrots, peeled, cut into chunks on the bias
- 3 1⁄2 cups uncooked butternut squash peeled, cubed
- 6 medium uncooked shallot(s), quartered
- 5 sprays cooking spray
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spread carrot, squash and shallot in a single layer on prepared pan and coat with cooking spray; season with salt, cinnamon, cumin and pepper.
- Roast until well browned, stirring once halfway through cooking, 30-35 minutes.
- Serve vegetables sprinkled with zest and thyme. Serving size: 1 c