Red Chile Honey Glazed Salmon And Zucchini Black Bean Succotash
Friday, October 19th 2018, 3:48 PM CDT
- 2 7-oz pieces of salmon
- Salt and Pepper
Red Chile Honey Glaze
- ½ cup local Oklahoma honey
- 1 teaspoon NM red chile powder
- 1 tablespoon Seikels local mustard
- ¼ cup vegetable stock or fish stock
Zucchini Black Bean Succotash
- 1 Zucchini diced small
- ½ cup fresh roasted corn
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced red peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add two tablespoons of vegetable oil to sauté pan and season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Sear on both sides and cook in an oven at 375 degrees for about 6 minutes or until 140 degrees internal temperature.
- Next in a small mixing bowl add honey, stock, Hatch red chile powder and red chile powder and mix till the glaze is well combined.
- In another sauté pan add 2 tablespoon vegetable oil and sauté onions and garlic for about a minute and add zucchini, roasted corn and dice peppers cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and finished with cilantro.
- Once salmon is done put it back on the stove on medium and de glaze with the honey mix.
- Reduce mix and add 2 tablespoons butter and glaze salmon.
- Finish with micro greens or just a simple salad.