Brussels Sprout Salad With Hazelnuts And Dates
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts ( about 4 Cups, sliced and packed)
- 1 cup unsalted roasted hazelnuts
- ¾ cup chopped seedless dates
- 1/4 C finely diced red onion
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 C Real Maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon cayenne pepper- plus more to taste
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Orange zest of one orange
- Finely slice Brussels sprouts, beginning at top, and work down towards ends, discarding hard ends. Place in a bowl.
- Slice dates…this is a little of a chore, be patient, add to bowl.
- Crush roasted hazelnuts, add to bowl.
- Finely dice a 1/4 cup of a red onion, add to bowl.
- Whisk in a small bowl, the oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, cayenne, pepper.
- Pour dressing over slaw and mix in well.
- Mix in orange zest saving a little for the top as garnish. Enjoy.