Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Recipe from Ingeborg Adams of Arizona
- 1 head fresh broccoli chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 2oz pckg dry cauliflower soup mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1. In a med sized stock pot, over med heat, combine soup mix and water, stirring constantly until well mixed.
2. Add broccoli florets, partially covered and simmer for 5 - 10 min stirring often.
3. Once broccoli is tender, place soup in a food processor or blender and puree. Once blended return soup mixture to stock pot, add milk and stir.
4. Add cheese to soup mixture keeping 1/2 cup set aside. Stir soup until cheese is melted and then sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top of individual soup servings. You can also add 1/4 cup shredded carrots to the soup.