Tuesday, November 28th 2006, 3:04 pm CST
Recipe from Evalyan Cannon of Va.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (with pudding)
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups or 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 2 cups coconut
- Prepare cake in 9 x13 pan according to directions on box.
- Cool 15 minutes, then poke holes in cake.
- Combine milk, 1/2 cup coconut and sugar in sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Spoon over cake, then cool.
- Fold 1/2 cup coconut into Cool Whip and spread on cake.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut over cake.