Eggnog with Rum and Brandy
Wednesday, December 6th 2006, 2:56 PM CST
8 eggs, separated
8 tbsp powdered sugar
4 oz of rum
4 oz of brandy
8 oz of whiskey
3 cups heavy cream, whipped
- Separate eggs into yolks and whites in separate bowls.
- Beat the yolks until thick, then add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and keep beating.
- Add the liquors and place bowl, covered, for several hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, fold in the whipped cream and stiffly beaten egg whites.
- If the eggnog is too thick, add a little milk.
- To serve, place in punch bowl and sprinkle with nutmeg.