Creative Summer Cocktails
Monday, June 1st 2020, 10:27 am
By: News On 6
It's unofficially summer which means many are hitting the pool to beat the heat. Daisi Owens joined News On 6 this week to show us how to make 3-cocktails that are perfect for the summer sun.
Grilled Lime Southside
- 2 oz. gin
- 3/4 oz fresh grilled lime juice
- 2 grilled lime wedges
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 2 sprigs of mint
- In a shaker, muddle one mint sprig with the limes, and lime juice.
- Add the gin and simple syrup and shake well.
- Pour into a glass over ice and stir until glass is frosted.
- Top with soda and garnish with the remaining mint.
Use frozen watermelon as the base for the delicious frose'!
- 2 cups rose' wine
- 2 cups frozen watermelon
- Freeze watermelon cubes for at least 4 hours.
- Blend equal parts frozen watermelon and rose'.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lime & a sprig of mint (OPTIONAL).
Tulsa Thyme Cocktail
- 1 part vodka
- 2 parts thyme-infused lemonade
- splash club soda
- Muddle thyme and add lemonade. Let it infuse for 15 minutes (or overnight).
- Strain the lemonade.
- Add vodka & lemonade to a glass of ice.
- Garnish with a lemon slice (OPTIONAL).