Hot Taco Dip
Tuesday, June 5th 2007, 10:08 AM CDT
Recipe from Olean Brown of Oaklandon, Ind.
- 2-8 oz. pkg. softened cream cheese
- 1-16 oz. container French Onion dip
- 1 lb. ground beef or sirloin
- 1 pkg. hot taco seasoning
- 1 large green pepper - diced
- 1 small onion - chopped (optional)
- 3-4 small or 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- 1-8 oz. bag finely shredded cheese (I like 4 Cheese Mexican, use your own preference)
- Bag of your favorite tortilla chips
**If you want it more spicy, add a chopped Jalapeno to either the meat or vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray Pam on 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Spread softened cream cheese on bottom of pan.
- Spread French Onion Dip on top of cream cheese.
- Brown and drain ground meat.
- Add taco seasoning to meat and mix well together.
- Spread meat evenly over French Onion Dip.
- Sprinkle peppers, onions and tomatoes over meat.
- Spread shredded cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered in oven until bubbling in the middle.
- Remove from oven and dig in with Tortilla Chips!