Steak & Potato Soup
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 7 servings
- vegetable oil cooking spray1 pound boneless round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup celery
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 cans ( 14.5 oz.) 99% fat free beef broth
1 cup water, diveded use
1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup fat-free milk
1 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
- 1. Spray a dutch oven with vegetable oil cooking spray. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper and brown lightly over medium-high heat. Remove steak from pan and drain.
2. Add onion,celery and garlic to Dutch oven; saute 3-5 minutes or until onion is clear.
3.Add broth, 3/4 cup water and steak to sauteed mixture. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 1 hour.
4. Add potatoes and carrots and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup water and flour. Add flour mixture, milk and cheese to soup. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and soup is lightly thickened. Garnish with fresh ground pepper as desired.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Rachel Cly, E-mail questions: email@example.com