8 cups French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes 2 cups fat-free half and half 1 white chocolate baking square (1 ounce), chopped 1 box (1 ounce) sugar-free white chocolate instant pudding mix 1 cup egg substitute Juice from one large orange, divided use, (reserve 1 tablespoon for topping) Grated rind from one large orange, divided use, (reserve 1/2 tablespoon for topping) 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier, divided use 1 cup powdered sugar 1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips, divided use 1/3 cup sugar 4 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray large loaf pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
2. Place bread in large mixing bowl, set aside.
3. Melt white chocolate baking squares and half-and-half in a medium saucepan. Sprinkle pudding over mixture and whisk until smooth.
4. Combine egg substitute, orange juice, orange rind, Grand Marnier and powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Add half-and-half and chocolate mixture. Blend well.
5. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Let stand for 30 minutes.
6. Place 1/2 bread mixture in loaf pan, sprinkle with 1/4 cup baking chips. Repeat layer. Bake for 55 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, combine sugar, 1 tablespoon orange juice, 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier, 1/2 tablespoon of orange rind and 4 teaspoons starch in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Cook 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.