- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- Asian/Appetizers-Side Dish
- 32 servings
- 48 slices Applewood smoked bacon
96 fresh shrimp
Enough oranges to make 1 gallon juice
2 c soy sauce
1/4 c sesame seeds
1 T ginger powder
2 c brown sugar
1 c vinegar
1/2 c arrowroot
- Slice bacon strips in half and wrap each half around a shrimp. Fry in neutral flavored oil until bacon is done.
For dipping sauce, zest oranges and set aside. Squeeze oranges to make one gallon juice. Combine remaining ingredients with the juice in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and reduce ingredients to one half.
Per serving: Place 3 shrimp in small appetizer bowl. Drizzle sauce onto shrimp. Sprinkle with rest of orange zest.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Robert Merrifield, The Polo Grill at Utica Square