Emergency crews were called out overnight for carbon monoxide poisoning in Tulsa. Two adults and 3 children were overcome because of a generator running in a home's garage in the 12100 block of East 21st Court. EMSA treated the victim's at the scene and no one had to be hospitalized.
The Tulsa Fire Department says several families have made the same mistake.
"The majority of these are the result of people bringing generators inside their home, inside the space they're trying to occupy and this in an internal combustion engine which produces nothing but carbon monoxide, absolutely do not do that," said Tulsa Fire Captain Larry Bowles.
Emergency responders say the family in the overnight incident did not have a carbon monoxide detector. Fire official say when the family started feeling bad they called for help.
Health officials say symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include dizziness, headaches, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, chest pain, confusion and a loss of coordination.