Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Continues To Be A Problem - - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - |

KOTV - 12/12/2007 6:16 AM - Updated 12/12/2007 7:15 AM

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Continues To Be A Problem

Posted: Updated:

Emergency crews were called out overnight for carbon monoxide poisoning in Tulsa. Two adults and 3 children were overcome because of a generator running in a home's garage in the 12100 block of East 21st Court. EMSA treated the victim's at the scene and no one had to be hospitalized.

The Tulsa Fire Department says several families have made the same mistake.

"The majority of these are the result of people bringing generators inside their home, inside the space they're trying to occupy and this in an internal combustion engine which produces nothing but carbon monoxide, absolutely do not do that," said Tulsa Fire Captain Larry Bowles.

Emergency responders say the family in the overnight incident did not have a carbon monoxide detector. Fire official say when the family started feeling bad they called for help.

Health officials say symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include dizziness, headaches, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, chest pain, confusion and a loss of coordination.

Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103 is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.