Health Officials Issue Warning About Using Alternative Power - - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - |

AP - 12/11/2007 6:11 AM - Updated 12/11/2007 10:51 AM

Health Officials Issue Warning About Using Alternative Power

Posted: Updated:

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- Health officials are warning Oklahomans about the use of alternatives fuels for heating or cooking during the power outages resulting from a winter ice storm. Oklahoma City-County Health Department spokesman H.R. Holman says grills, camp stoves and other devices that use propane, gas, natural gas or charcoal should never be used inside a home, garage or camper.

Holman says the fumes can cause carbon monoxide to build up and poison both people and pets.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include dizziness, headaches, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, chest pain, confusion and a loss of coordination.

Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103 is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.