Chile Verde Stew
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 8 servings, 1 1/2 cups each
- Olive oil cooking spray
2 pounds pork tenderloin, cubed
1 onion, diced
6 garlic cloves, minced
4-6 Serrano pepper, finely diced
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 (7 ounce) cans Salsa Verde
2 (10 ounce) cans Mexican diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven sprayed with nonstick cooking spray cook pork 5-6 minutes. Add onion, garlic and peppers and cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until pork is only slightly pink.
2. Add chicken broth, salsa verde, diced tomatoes and cumin. Simmer approximately 1 hour.
3. Stir in cheese.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 216 calories, 4.8g carbohydrate, 29g protein, 7g fat, 3.3g saturated fat, 84mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 0.7g dietary fiber
- Original recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD