nonstick cooking/flour spray(Joy) 1-1/4 pounds lean (90%) ground beef 1/2 tsp Chili Powder 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin 1/4 tsp Salt 1 jar (16 oz.) Thick and chunky Salsa 1/4 cup red or green bell peppers 1-1/2 cups flour 1 cup yellow cornmeal 1/3 cup sugar 1 tbl Baking Powder 1/2 tsp Salt 1-1/4 cups milk 2 eggs 1/4 cup vegetable oil 4 oz.(l cup) Sharp cheddar cheese Sour cream (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 375*. Generously spray bundt pan with nonstick cooking/flour spray(Joy). Brown 1-1/4 pounds lean (90%) ground beef. Drain. Add 1/z t. Chili Powder, 1/z t. Ground Cumin, 1/4 t. Salt. Stir in 1 jar (16 oz.) Thick and chunky Salsa.
2. Meanwhile, chop 1/4 cup red or green bell peppers or combination of both; sprinkle in bottom of prepared pan.
3. Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, 1 cup yellow cornmeal, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 T. Baking Powder, 1/z t. Salt. Add 1-1/4 cups milk, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup vegetable oil. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in 4 oz.(l cup) Sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
4. Spread 1 1/2 cups batter evenly over peppers in pan. Top with ground beef filling and then remaining batter, spreading evenly.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen corn bread from edge and center of pan with knife. Invert onto serving plate. Slice and serve with sour cream, if desired.
Heritage Family Services
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and
information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.