Two Tulsa Teens Kidnapped And Robbed At Gunpoint - - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - |

Two Tulsa Teens Kidnapped And Robbed At Gunpoint

Two teenagers kidnapped at gunpoint from a south Tulsa neighborhood. They say the man made them drive him around, then he robbed them.

News on 6 crime reporter Lori Fullbright has their trip of terror.

Two friends were at a stop sign at 61st and Union last Wednesday night around 11, when they say a man with a gun, came up to their car and took them on a ride that they were afraid would be their last. Brooke is a Jenks girl, home from OSU for the summer. Stu recently moved out on his own.

They left a friend's house and were stopped at this stop sign, when they say a man approached them with a revolver. He got in and made them drive around, through neighborhoods, in circles, always keeping the gun pointed at them.

They say he was calm sometimes and promised not to hurt them, other times he was agitated and they begged him not to shoot. He finally had them stop at 47th and Peoria and went he got out of the vehicle, he ran off with Brooke's ring, Stu's phone and both their driver's license.

The two young people took off in the opposite direction and found a Tulsa Police officer and reported what happened. Brooke: "Whenever he took our licenses, I went from worrying about myself to worrying about my family because that's my everything." Stu: "Yeah, I don't live at home anymore, but he had my home address so I woke up a few times in the night and drove around the neighborhood."

They say their parents have talked to them about what to do if something like this ever happens, but when it actually did, it was so fast, so unexpected, that they just acted on survival instinct. Brooke says she never thought she'd have to tell her mother something like that. Brooke: "I ran inside and I was like screaming and said, mom, you're not going to believe what happened. She said what's wrong, were you in an accident? I said, it's worse than that."

Brooke and Stu hope Tulsa Police find the man who kept his face hidden, was worried about leaving behind fingerprints and smelled like he hadn't showered in weeks. They also hope their story helps someone else.

The man was about 6-feet tall, wearing a red, oversized hoodie and baggie pants. They think he was 40. They say he kept telling them if he didn't get $100 fast, he was going to be killed.

If you have any information about this crime, call Crimestoppers at 596-COPS.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103 is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.