A man and his car erupt in flames at a Tulsa gas station - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

A man and his car erupt in flames at a Tulsa gas station

A fire at a gas pump leaves a man seriously injured. It may have been sparked by static electricity.

News on 6 reporter Emory Bryan says the fire was at the QuikTrip near 71st and Mingo.

A man was pumping gas when something sparked a fire. The fire was small and brief, put out by witnesses with fire extinguishers. The Tulsa Fire Department says the cause is underdetermined. It could one of the rare cases of a fire sparked by static, but no one is sure just yet.

Quik Trip spokesperson Mike Thornbrugh: "And we don't speculate on what happened, but we checked our equipment and everything checked out just fine."

Most fires caused by static happen in the winter months under dry conditions, but regardless of that - it's easy to avoid.

The man who was injured has serious burns on 20 percent of his body.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.