Oklahoma City firefighters say a dog saved his owner's life from a fire.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, the man's house was nearly engulfed in flames.
And they say if it wasn't for the dog, the owner might not have gotten out in time to stay alive.
"The occupant was alerted by his dog and woke him up and got him out of the house. He did not have any working smoke detectors in the house, but the dog alerted him and got him up out of the house," said Battalion Chief Glenn Clark with the Oklahoma City Fire Department.
Fire investigators think a discarded cigarette may have started that fire.