No one injured in a Tulsa house fire - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

No one injured in a Tulsa house fire

Updated:
Fire destroys a Tulsa home and firefighters were still on the scene Thursday afternoon at the home located near 7th and Phoenix.

As soon as firefighters arrived, they were put on the defensive to protect nearby homes.

Fire crews were called to the home at about 8:30 AM. An adult and a child were inside the home but they made it out safety. But it was a dangerous situation for firefighters with power lines over the house and flames coming through the roof.

Fire officials believe the fire started around the chimney area, a common problem spot during cooler weather. Tulsa Fire Captain Larry Bowles: "anytime it gets cold, people want to get warm, need to be careful with fires in your home."

Firefighters were able to save some of the family's Christmas presents before it was too dangerous for them to be inside.

The home is a total loss and the Red Cross is now helping the family.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.