Methadone blamed for 2004 death of UA student from Owasso - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Methadone blamed for 2004 death of UA student from Owasso

Updated:
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) _ Officials say a University of Arkansas freshman who was found dead last fall died from an overdose of methadone.

18-year-old Aron Morgan of Owasso, Oklahoma, was found dead in his Pompfret Hall dorm room on September 11th.

Police released a report Friday that concludes the death was not deliberate. The autopsy report shows methadone intoxication was the cause of the teenager's death.

Methadone is commonly used to treat heroin addiction but police say the drug can also be bought on the street. Police say that is what Morgan did. The case report says Morgan bought about a dozen of the methadone tablets from a woman in Tulsa two days before he overdosed.

Morgan was a Chancellor's Scholar and had a major in chemical engineering in the Honors College at the Fayetteville campus. In high school, Morgan was a student council member and ran track.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.