Tulsa house fire injures three - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Tulsa house fire injures three

An early Friday morning house fire in Tulsa sends three people, including a child, to the hospital.

News on 6 reporter Omar Villafranca says the family was asleep when the fire started, then the man who lived in the home woke up, ran over to his neighbors and asked them to call 911.

When Tulsa firefighters arrived at the home in the 200 block of East Woodrow, they found smoke pouring from the attic. Flames were also jumping through the roof.

Firefighters found the man who lives at the home inside his home, trying to get his family out. A woman in her 30's and her 3-year-old son were taken to the hospital for minor injuries.

The 35-year old man who pulled his family out did suffer serious injuries. Tulsa Fire Captain Larry Bowles, Tulsa Fire Dept:" The male has burns, looks like second degree burns on his chest and legs and the other two are suffering from smoke inhalation. "

The neighbors house also sustained some damage. Firefighters say a faulty extension cord sparked the fire. Damage to the house is estimated at $50,000.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.