The latest on an explosion that destroyed a Glenpool home, with a man and his sons inside. It happened late Saturday night.
Neighbors pulled Cecil Fitzpatrick and his two boys out of the burning house. The boys are just nine and 11 years old. At last word, Fitzpatrick was in critical condition with flash burns to the front of his body. The boys are both in stable condition. Folks who live nearby say the explosion rocked the neighborhood.
The News on 6 spoke with a heroic neighbor who sprung to action. News on 6 anchor Scott Thompson says Jerry Hoffman hopes anyone would do what he did late Saturday night, when he ran into a burning building that had just exploded.
Hoffman lives just a few houses down. He says he was working in the garage when his entire house started to shake. He ran down the street and found Cecil Fitzpatrick laying on a burning couch. Hoffman and a neighbor pulled Fitzpatrick to safety, then went back in for the boys. "You just don't know what's going on. You're just trying to get people and find people at that point. Becuase you got two minutes - they always say you got two minutes - and in two minutes that house was up in flames."
Emergency crews brought all three victims to Hoffman's house and turned his living room into a make-shift triage center.
Fire investigators were back on the scene Monday, trying to figure out why this house exploded. Right now, they think it was because of a build up of natural gas.