Two Rogers County workers exposed to chlorine gas - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Two Rogers County workers exposed to chlorine gas

Updated:
Two employees of a Rogers County waste metals company are recovering from exposure to chlorine.

Haz-mat and emergency crews were called to Commercial Metals at 2001 North 170th East Avenue Monday afternoon. When they arrived, they learned the men were exposed to chlorine gas from a canister that was punctured after it was delivered.

The company manager tells the News on 6 they don't normally take in those types of containers and this one was probably in the middle of a shipment and wasn't found until the accident.

Both workers were decontaminated, and then taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.