Candle Starts Garage Fire - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Candle Starts Garage Fire

Updated:
A power outage is being blamed, at least in part, for an overnight fire in south Tulsa. Firefighters were called shortly before midnight to a home in the 9700 block of South 71st East Avenue. A garage had caught fire.

Three people managed to get out of the house safely and the fire was quickly put out. Damage to the home was estimated at $15,000.

Tulsa firefighters say a woman in the home had used a candle to find something in the garage and accidently started the fire. Fire officials say the woman was using the candle because of a power outage to about 1,400 customers in the area.

Strong winds knocked limbs into power lines Wednesday afternoon causing the outage. Utility officials say all the power is now back on.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.