- 1 pound baby carrots, peeled & washed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 16-once can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup water
- Assorted vegetables - such as: celery, Belgian endive leaves, cauliflower & broccoli, bell pepper triangles, jicama matchsticks & snow peas soaked in ice water
In a medium-sized skillet, place the carrots with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook until carrots are very tender. Drain most of the water & add olive oil, scallions, and garlic. Sauté without a lid for 5 minutes. Place the mixture in a food processor along with garbanzo beans, spices, lemon juice, and sesame oil. Process until just slightly chunky. Stir in extra water if too thick. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Drain vegetables; serve with dip & garnish with olives, scallions, and lemon slices.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving (of dip w/o vegetables): Calories 119, Total Fat 4g (22% Kcal), Sat. Fat 1g (8% Kcal), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 191, Total Carb. 19g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 23% DV, Vitamin C 16% DV, Calcium 3% DV, Iron 7% DV
Courtesy of www.5aday.com
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.