The Oklahoma Department of Enviromental Quality has declared Tuesday as an ozone alert day in the Tulsa metropolitan area.
To help combat the ozone buildup, the ODEC suggests:
- Avoid driving: Ride the bus free on ozone alert days. For short trips, ride a bike or walk
- If you must drive:
- Carpool - Share a ride
- Take your lunch to work
- Combine trips and limit unnecessary trips
- Drive during off-peak hours and avoid long idle times
- Drive your newest vehicle
- Refuel in the evening and avoid spilling gas
- Keep your vehicle well tuned
- Avoid using gas-powered lawn mowers, weed trimmers, etc.