Billings, Montana-AP) -- Firefighters in Billings, Montana, say quick action by workers at a garage and auto parts store saved two
puppies trapped inside a burning apartment.
After reporting the fire yesterday, the workers noticed muddy paw prints at the back door and heard whimpering from inside. They
broke out a window, emptied five fire extinguishers inside and turned a garden hose on the flames.
A battalion chief says "They did everything right."
Fire crews arrived a few minutes later and quickly knocked down the blaze. They retrieved the semiconscious pups from their kennel, and revived them with oxygen. Both were in good condition by the time they got to the vet.