Winter Spiced Roast Loin of Pork
Recipe from Marion Gartman of Holyoke, Mass.
1 whole loin of pork
mulling spices (I used a packet of mulling spices that would serve 12 large glasses of cider or wine)
1. Cut whole roast into lengths that will fit into a roasting pan. Score the fat on the roasts.
2. Rub the mulling spices all over the top. Add two cups apple cider to the pan.
3. Place foil over the roasting pan and crimp tightly. Roast at 300 degrees for 2 hours.
4. Take the foil off the pan and increase the heat to 350 degrees.
5. Return the roast to the oven and baste with apple cider every 1/2 hour until the meat is well done. Check your cookbook for exact meat temperature.
6. Baste one last time with the cider and put the roasts on a platter. Let sit for 20 minutes before slicing.
Not only is this delicious, but the cooking aromas are mouth-watering!