No one hurt in early morning Tulsa apartment fire - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

No one hurt in early morning Tulsa apartment fire

Updated:
A Tulsa woman finds herself out in the cold, when fire breaks out in her apartment.

Firefighters were called to a small group of apartments at about 12th and Rockford around 1 AM Thursday morning. When they arrived, they found flames coming from the bedroom of one of the apartments. Crews managed to quickly put out the fire.

Officials say it appears it was started by a space heater. Tulsa Fire Acting Chief Duane George: "She just said she woke up, she'd been asleep for abut two hours, when she woke up her blanket was on fire, she got up and ran out." The woman was not hurt.

Three other apartments sustained some smoke damage but those residents were allowed to go back inside. Damage is estimated at $15,000.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.