Three die in Weatherford house fire believed caused by space heaters - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Three die in Weatherford house fire believed caused by space heaters

Updated:

WEATHERFORD, Okla. (AP) _ A mother and her two children died in a house fire early Friday, while the father was able to escape.

Investigators believe the 12:30 a.m. fire was caused by a space heater placed too close to a couch, said Richard Cooper, spokesman for the state Fire Marshal's office.

The father was able to escape by jumping from an upstairs window onto a porch.

Authorities identified the family members killed in the fire as Brenda Gail Harris, 41; her son, Michael R. Henderson, 11; and daughter Wendy M. Henderson, 12.

They were found dead in the same upstairs room. Cooper said it appeared the son was trying to get out of an upstairs window.

There were five smoke detectors in the home, but none of them had a working battery.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.