A Tulsa firefighter is back on the job after suffering minor injuries while fighting a fire Tuesday morning.
Crews were called to a home shortly after 7 AM at about 56th and Columbia. When they arrived they found heavy smoke coming from the residence. Officials say a space heater caught some materials on fire and burned a large hole in the floor.
Tulsa Fire District Chief Pat Bemmert, "we had one firefighter fall through the hole in the floor, he appears to have minor injuries and we're going to send him to the city physician and have him checked out real good."
The injured firefighter was Captain Keith Freeman. He returned to duty Tuesday afternoon. Officials say his injuries are minor. But damage to the home is estimated at about $50,000.
Officials say the house is owned by a Broken Arrow firefighter.