(HACKENSACK, N.J.) - A prosecutor is asking CBS to postpone airing a documentary showing video footage shot at the World Trade Center on Sept. 11.
Bergen County Prosecutor William H. Schmidt, in a letter dated Tuesday, said it was still too soon for families who lost relatives in the attacks to watch ''9/11.''
Schmidt asked the network to postpone the planned March 10 broadcast for at least six months. He said the letter, which did not threaten legal action, was written on behalf of a victims' advisory board.
Last week, U.S. Sens. Robert Torricelli and Jon Corzine of New Jersey urged CBS to use caution and taste in producing the documentary.
CBS is going ahead as planned, and said it does not plan to show graphic footage.
``We feel very deeply for the victims and the families that are upset by this, and their feelings are being kept in mind as we work on the project,'' said Gil Schwartz, CBS's executive vice president in charge of communications.
''9/11'' features material caught on tape by French filmmakers Gedeon and Jules Naudet, who were in lower Manhattan shooting a documentary on New York City firefighters when the attacks took place.
Hearing a roar above him, Jules turned his camera toward the sky and caught pictures of the first plane striking the trade center _ video widely broadcast afterward.