Youâ€™ll notice something new at OSU Tulsa. Youâ€™ll find a new historical marker on campus.
Back in 1913, the site was home to the original Booker T Washington High School. A picture of that four-room wooden building is on a new 5-foot plaque, along with pictures of the larger brick building that replaced it in 1919.
The current Booker T Washington High School was built in 1950 on Woodrow Place.
Former students of the school came to Fridayâ€™s ceremony, including one who went on to be a District Judge in Oklahoma City.