Tulsa Police continue to investigate last weekend's triple homicide - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Tulsa Police continue to investigate last weekend's triple homicide

Tulsa Police detectives have new leads in a triple homicide that happened early Saturday morning.

They even believe they have the killer's voice on tape. Officers found a man and woman shot in the head inside their home that had been set on fire.

The third victim was a Good Samaritan who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. News on Six crime reporter Lori Fullbright says the reason they may have the killer's voice on tape is because that good Samaritan saw the fire and called 911, he had no idea at the time, those would be the last words he'd ever speak.

24-year-old Kenneth Maxwell was on his way home from a friend's house when he saw a fire inside a house at 502 South Yorktown. He stopped and called 911, at the end of the call, he obviously sees someone and asks them about the fire. Police won't tell us what the person said in return, but when they got there, Kenneth was dead, shot in the back of the head. Just like Fred and Rebecca Barney, inside.

Kenneth graduated from Central High School, was engaged to his sweetheart of the past five years and loved music. Sarah Conley, "He played so many instruments, every brass instrument and some woods. In high school, he taught himself how to play guitar." Kenneth's passion was participating in medieval re-enactments; he was the youngest of five kids and had a twin sister.

He planned to study structural engineering in college. “He was a jack of all trades. Anything that he could take apart, he could put back together again.” It didn't surprise anyone who knew him that Kenneth stopped when he saw the fire, because he was known for putting others first. Those who loved him are shocked by the unfairness of it all. “I don't blame the powers that be. I only blame the person who did this. And, I want them found, tried, convicted and punished."

The only thing missing from the Barney's home was the couple's computer, which leads detectives to believe the killer wanted to cover up evidence relating to emails, chatrooms or Internet sites. They have some leads, but say there's still a long way to go, to solve this case.

Kenneth's funeral will be Thursday. The Barney's family wasn't ready to talk.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.