OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- Three men are being treated at a hospital following a flash fire at a drug- and alcohol-recovery center in Oklahoma City.
Authorities were notified about 7:50 a.m. Thursday about the fire at the Firststep Recovery Program near Lake Draper. Emergency Medical Services Authority spokeswoman Lara O'Leary says the three men were transported in good condition to Integris Baptist Medical Center. The injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.
Their names were not released, but O'Leary says one man was 51, one was in his 20s and another was in his 30s.
Oklahoma City Fire Department Deputy Chief Tony Young says the men working in a kitchen at the facility when the fire erupted. He says a propane tank used in the kitchen had been disconnected, but investigators believe there still was propane in a line that ignited.
Young says two of the men had third-degree burns on their upper body, while a third suffered smoke inhalation.