Carbon Monoxide Affects Midtown Hospice - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Carbon Monoxide Affects Midtown Hospice

Updated:
Many people are still running generators to stay warm in the snow. That's the case at a hospice in mid-town Tulsa. It was one of the priority locations that got a generator from local emergency managers. Everything has been running smoothly for the past two days until the snow moved in.

The wind changed and carbon monoxide fumes blew back into the building. Paramedics needed to treat the caretaker, but she gets credit for getting everyone to safety.

"I started getting dizzy, getting a headache and we evacuated everybody," said caretaker Sue Boyd.

The fire department moved the generator and ventilated the hospice. The residents were able to come back later in the afternoon.

Watch the video: Carbon Monoxide Affects Midtown Hospice
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.