Stillwater Teen Dies In Mobile Home Fire - - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - |

Stillwater Teen Dies In Mobile Home Fire

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Police say an 18-year-old student at Stillwater High School has died after a fire swept through a mobile home on the city's southeast side. Lt. Michael Metcalf says Matthew Scott Wilkerson died early Sunday after the blaze broke out at the mobile home where the teen was staying.

Metcalf says it appears the fire started in a room where Wilkerson was sleeping. Another man staying at the mobile home managed to escape and told authorities he saw a badly burned Wilkerson climbing out of a bedroom window.

Metcalf says Wilkerson was taken to a local hospital, where he died.

The fire remains under investigation, but Metcalf says the blaze likely started from one of several space heaters being used inside the home.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103 is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.