Woman Dies In House Fire - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Woman Dies In House Fire

Updated:
ALVA, Okla. (AP) -- Authorities say a candle or a cigarette may have sparked a fire that killed a 60-year-old woman. Fire Chief Kirk Trekell says the body of Alena Annette Parson was found early Monday in the basement of a home in central Alva.

Trekell says the fire was reported about 9:45 p.m. Sunday, but firefighters were not able to enter the home until about midnight.

He said the blaze started on a sofa in the basement and was most likely caused by either a candle or a cigarette.
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.