OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- A woman burned during a fireworks show earlier this month in Piedmont has died, a family spokesman said. Shannon Wilson, 27, of Yukon, died Sunday, said family pastor Jim McNabb.
Wilson and her brother, Travis Dillard, were severely burned during the Piedmont city fireworks show July 7. Wilson suffered burns over about a third of her body.
Dillard, 25, who suffered burns over about half his body, remains in critical condition in the burn unit at Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, said McNabb, pastor at The Bridge Assembly of God in Mustang.
Dillard and Wilson were working as a team during the Piedmont show -- one lighting fireworks, the other handing over new ones. A defective firework exploded low to the ground, and debris drifted upwind into the storage case for unused fireworks, according to the state Fire Marshal's office.
Investigators ruled the explosion an accident.
7/9/2007 - Four Injured At Fireworks Show
7/10/2007 - Fire Marshal's Office Investigating Fireworks Accident