Super Easy Alfredo Sauce
Recipe from Merle Kraemer of Houma, La.
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 10 min
1/2 cup Butter
1 8oz. package Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 C milk
6 oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
Parsley flakes to taste
1. Melt Butter in sauce pan on medium heat.
2. Add cream cheese & garlic and onion powder. Whisk the mixture till smooth. Add the Black pepper.
3. Add the milk, a small amount at a time, whisking. Add the Parmesan Cheese and whisk to smooth lumps.
4. Remove from heat when desired thickness. Thin with add'l milk if too thick.
5. Add cooked chicken, shrimp, crawfish etc. to sauce. Add parsley flakes if desired. Toss with hot pasta of your choose.
Yield: About 4 large servings
Comments: The cream cheese gives it the rich flavor. Quick, easy and delicious.