Halloween Safety Tips
Friday, October 3rd 2008, 9:28 PM CDT
TULSA, OK -- The following tips will help make sure your little ghosts and goblins have a safe Halloween.
- Carry a flashlight while trick or treating.
- Don't cut through alleys, across yards or drive-ways.
- Wear a watch you can read in the dark.
- Face paint is better than a mask so you can see your surroundings better. If you must wear a mask, don't wear it between houses.
- If there's not a sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic.
- Stay away from and don't pet animals you don't know.
- Kids should have some type of identification on them, even if it's a note in their pocket with their name, address and phone number.
- Don't accept a ride from anyone you don't know, even if they call you by name.
- Have a family code word, so if someone tells you they've been sent by your parent, if that person doesn't know the family code word, never go. Run away and get help.
- Never go into a home to get the candy. Stay outside on the porch.
- A parent should accompany children, but, if that's not possible, kids should trick or treat in groups with other children they know.
- Remember that QuikTrip stores and fire stations are safe places you can go if you're in any kind of trouble.