Tulsa Fire: Cause Of Store Fire Was Accidental - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Tulsa Fire: Cause Of Store Fire Was Accidental

Posted: Updated:
The fire broke out shortly before midnight at the Super El Ranchero Grocery Store near 21st and Garnett. The fire broke out shortly before midnight at the Super El Ranchero Grocery Store near 21st and Garnett.
Damage is estimated at $300,000. Damage is estimated at $300,000.

NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- Fire officials have ruled an overnight grocery store fire was accidental.

The fire broke out shortly before midnight at the Super El Ranchero Grocery Store near 21st and Garnett.  

Fire investigators believe that store workers placed a piece of cardboard on the top of a commercial griddle in the restaurant area of the store. 

Fire Captain Michael Baker says the cardboard was used to absorb water on top of the griddle after the final cleaning.   

When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke pouring from the metal building.   

Video from the scene of the fire

Baker says commercial griddle surfaces retain a large amount of heat and combustible materials should be kept away from them at all times.

Damage was estimated at $300,000. 

No one was hurt.

Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.