2 cup raw oat bran
2 1/8 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup soy milk or skim milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg white and 1 whole egg
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup blueberries
½ cup agave nectar or honey
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
5. Gently stir in blueberries.
6. Evenly distribute batter into 12 muffin tins.
7. Bake for 10 min at 400°F.
8. Reduce temperature to 350°F and bake for 10 more minutes.
Yield: Makes 12 muffins
Nutrition information per muffin (1/12 recipe): 107 calories, 4 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 1.9 g total fat with 0.4 g saturated fat, 17.6 mg cholesterol, 3.1 g dietary fiber, 159 mg sodium
Exchanges per serving: 1¼ starch
Source: Recipe by Marianne Wetherill, RD/LD St. John Medical Center
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.