Ninth Tulsa Bank Robbery This Year
TULSA, OK -- Police are searching for the man who committed Tulsa's ninth bank robbery this year.
The Arvest Bank at 36th Street and Yale Avenue was robbed about 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Sgt. Dave Walker of Tulsa Police said.
A man presented a note to a teller that implied he had a weapon and demanded cash. The teller gave him an undetermined amount of cash, and the robber carried the money in his hand and ran west from the bank.
He was described as white, in his early to mid 20s, 6 feet tall and 160 to 170 pounds. He was clean-shaven with light brown hair and was wearing a brown and white hat with a yellow design, a black hooded sweatshirt with a silver design and jeans.
Customers were inside the bank, but no one was injured and no weapon was seen.
Anyone with information about the robber is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 596-COPS, the robbery hotline at 527-0085 or the FBI at 664-3300.
1/24/2009 Police Seek Tulsa Bank Robber
List of Tulsa bank robberies in 2009
- 1/8/2009 Valley National Bank - 2020 E. 21st St.
- 1/8/2009 Bank of America - 4847 S. Peoria Ave.
- 1/9/2009 Red Crown Credit Union - 2748 E. 51st St.
- 1/9/2009 Communications Federal Credit Union - 5970 E. 31st St.
- 1/12/2009 IBC Bank - 8202 E. 71st St.
- 1/16/2009 First Fidelity Bank - 8120 S. Yale Ave.
- 1/22/2009 Bank of America - 5101 S. Sheridan Ave.
- 1/24/2009 Bank of Oklahoma - 4818 E. 81st St.
- 1/29/2009 Arvest Bank - 4825 E. 36th St.