• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons curry powder
• 2 tablespoons bottled mango chutney
• 1/3 cup, plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/3 cup sour cream
• Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 1/4 cups wild rice, rinsed
• 3/4 cup sliced green onions, white and green parts
• 3/4 cup golden raisins
• 4 boneless chicken breasts, poached in water or chicken broth until cooked through
• 2 cups baby spinach or arugula
• 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
1. Blend garlic, 2 tablespoons vinegar, lemon juice, curry powder and mango chutney in a blender or food processor until smooth. With the motor running, add 1/3 cup oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified. Add the sour cream and about 2 tablespoons water, adding additional water if necessary to reach the desired consistency, blending until well combined. Transfer the dressing to a small bowl, season with salt and pepper and stir in the cilantro. The dressing may be made 1 day in advance and kept covered chilled.
2. Combine the wild rice, 1 teaspoon salt and 3 1/4 cups water in a large, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; lower heat; and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer rice to a large bowl and add remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss mixture and let it cool completely. Stir in green onions and raisins.
3. Cut chicken into 3/4-inch pieces and toss with wild rice mixture, spinach and feta. Toss with some of the dressing, serving any remaining dressing on the side.
Substitute smoked chicken breasts, if you can find them at your local meat market, for a nice twist to this hearty main-dish salad.
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.